Обобщающий урок по теме "How different the world is" в 10-м классе
1. Социокультурный аспект- знакомство с некоторыми географическими особенностями и символами Новой Зеландии, Канады, Австралии.
2. Развивающий аспект – развитие самостоятельности
3. Учебный аспект- развитие речевых умений, контроль уровня сформированности речевых умений.
4. Речевой материал – повторение лексического и грамматического материала цикла.
5. Воспитательная цель – формирование потребности, способности к осознанию образа жизни, поведения людей другой культуры и своей родной культуры, терпимого отношения к особенностям поведения людей другой культуры, критического отношения к мнению других людей.
- интерактивная доска,
- грамматический материал.
I. Подготовка к речевой деятельности.
T: Good morning, everybody! I’m glad to see you.
Take your seats, please. Who is on duty today?
Pupil on duty: I’m. Ludmila Alexandrovna, our group is ready for the lesson
T: Good. I hope nobody is absent today.
P1:No, all the pupils are present today.
T: Today some guests are present at our lesson. I think we must greet them on behalf of our pupils. Vanya, would you like to do it, please?
P2: I’m happy to greet you on behalf of our pupils and teachers. I hope you will be pleased with our answers. We like English and try to study it as well as we can.
T: Thanks, take your seat, please.
Now, let’s start our work. We have a consolidation lesson today, that’s why we are going to speak English a lot. Our theme is “How different the world is!” Today we are going
- to speak English a lot
- to act out dialogues
- to review grammar and words
- some of our students prepared presentations and they will tell us about Canada and New Zealand.
During our lessons on the theme we have learned many words. Now let’s review them. My task is to translate my word combinations and sentences into English:
II.Повторение лексического материала.
- глубокое озеро- a deep lake,
- большая роща- a big wood,
- cильная засуха- severe drought
- широкое побережье – a vast coast,
- огромная равнина- a huge plain,
- горная цепь- mountainous range,
- сосновый лес- a pine forest,
- большая пустыня- large deserts,
- обширные прерии- vast prairies.
- Территория нашей страны огромная. - The territory of our country is huge.
- В России много рек и озёр. - There are many rivers and lakes in Russia.
- Много штатов в Америки имеют прозвища. - Many states in the USA have nicknames.
- Мы можем пойти на компромисс. - We can compromise.
- Много лет назад он жил возле границы. - He lived near frontier many years ago.
- В нашем регионе растут небольшие леса. - We have woods in our region.
- Не могли бы вы мне сказать, где находится зоопарк.- Could you tell me where the zoo is?
- Большинство территории Австралии бесполезная пустыня.- Much of the territory of Australia is useless desert.
And now take your places at the computers. You will work in pairs. The next task is to do a crossword. I’ll give you 5 minutes.
Now let’s check them up (Приложение №1)
(ответы проецируются на доску)
III. Повторение грамматического материала.
The next task is grammar. You will see the map with geographical names. I’ll show you the place, you must use it with or without article "the" (карта внесена в доску)
IV. Практика устной речи: монологической и диалогической.
T: And the main part of the lesson we will speak about English speaking countries and the influence of the geographical position on the life of people.
Your home task was different. Some of you prepared the topics about the best of all possible worlds, some got the situations to make the dialogues, and the others make the presentations. You work in groups at home.
Now, Veronica, what was your hometask? Nina what about you? And Venya what was your hometask? Let’s listen to each other. Veronica, tell us what country would you like to live?
(Ученики работают с интерактивной доской. Находят карты стран и рассказывают о них)
P1: I would like to live in the UK. The United Kingdom is a small country. It consists of four parts: the north part is Scotland, the central part is England and the west part is Wales and the fourth part is Northern Ireland. It is an island state. But I would prefer to live in England in the capital of the country London, because I think it is very nice. There are many sights to see. And I want to improve my English. And as for me there is no better place to learn to speak perfect English. Besides in this country you are never very far from the coast and it is never very hot or very cold. And it is one of the richest countries in the world. The next reason is I think that the British are kind to foreigners, polite, reserved; they love gardening because the climate is ideal. The British love of compromise is a result of their geographical position. The land and the climate of Britain don’t have extremes. But I want to say that I don’t want to live there for my whole life. I love my country and I think East or West-home is best.
T: And what about you Katya? Where would you like to live?
P2: As for me I would like to live in Australia. I think it is a very interesting country, because the country was cut off from the rest of the world and it was the last country to be discovered and due to its geographical position was the last continent inhabited by the white men. It is sometimes called the Land Down Under. It is the world’s largest island. Its population is very small for such a huge country. Most of the continent is sunny all the year and severe droughts, floods and cyclones happen very often there. Great deserts cover the large territory of the country, people suffer from limited fresh water. So life is not easy there. I think that Australians are very friendly, hospitable, patient, tough, mobile and may be cautious. And I want to know more about Australia. I think Australia is a great place to live.
T: And who thinks that Russia is the best of all possible worlds.
P3 –I think so. I consider that my country is the best. I was born here and I’m not going to leave it. It is huge and beautiful. Nature has not been kind to Russia. The large part of the country is cold most of the year. The harsh climate explains the Russians’ strength, their ability to overcome hardships, patience and submission. Climate has also made them cautious. Our geographical position have made Russians value stability, security, social order and predictability and to avoid risk. I can’t imagine my life in another country without Russian friends, Russian language, Russian frost and Russian cookery.
T: And Ksenya would you like to live in the USA?
P4: Would I like to live here? I really haven’t thought about it. It is the fourth largest country in the world. It covers 4,500 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean in the east to the Pacific ocean in the west. It is a land of physical contrasts. Practically every climate of the world is represented. The land varies from heavy forests to large deserts, from high mountains to deep canyons. If you travel across the country you would go over mountain ranges, cross hundreds of rivers, lakes, forests and woods, flat prairies. I think that America is a nation of risk-takers. They are self-reliant, hospitable. Americans are always on the move – from one part to another, from one city to another, from farm to city because it’s a vast country with various climates, landscapes and possibilities where you can always find a place for your living.
T: Now let’s listen to small dialogues. The first topic is: Danil, imagine that you have been living in England for three years. Your friend came to see you. He wants to see Changing the Guards near Buckingham Palace. Discuss your plans.
Now, boys, please.
(диалоги ребята рассказывают на фоне презентации)Приложение №2
- Let’s discuss our plans for tomorrow. Which place would you like to visit?
- I would like to see the Changing Guard. Do you know what time it begins.
- Surely, it starts at 11.30 near the Buckingham Palace. It is an attractive sight. Many tourists come to see it.
- And could you tell me how long does it take us to get there?
- It is not very far. It takes us half an hour.
- That’s OK.
The theme of the next topic is: Ira came to her pen friend Andrew to Australia in Sydney. They are discussing Ira’s impressions of Sydney. You are welcome Ira and Andrew.
-We have done much sightseeing in Sydney. And what are your impressions of Sydney?
- I was surprised that it is spring here. It’s an autumn time at home. And I was impressed by the number of parks.
- Do you want to have a tour on a passenger fairy?
- Of course. I think it would be unforgettable. And I will able to see the sights of Sydney from the water.
-And every tourist must see the Sydney Opera from the water.
- I think it’s a wonderful idea. Do you know where we can buy tickets?
- At the harbour.
- I heard the architecture here is really something to see. Let’s start.
T: An American student is on exchange program in our country. She lives in your family. She asks you many questions about our country. Will you answer him, please.
Anna, are you proud of your country?
- Of course, I am. Russia is the largest country in the world and it is the richest.
- What do you mean?
- I mean that it has thick forests and high mountains, long rivers, and deep lakes.
- What is more, it is rich in oil, gas, coal, diamonds and gold.
- That’s great! And could you tell me what the longest river in your country is.
- It is the Volga, and the main Siberian rivers are the Lena, the Ob and the Enissei.
- Every country is proud of its people. What can you say about the Russians?
- Whoever comes to Russia, they all say that Russian people are wonderful. They are kind and hospitable, clever and inventive. There are a lot of talented people in our country.
- I can’t but agree that Russia is a great country.
T: And the last situation is: this is the meeting of two friends. One of the friends has just returned from the USA. She is sharing her impressions about America.
- ..., you have just returned from the USA. What’s your impression of this country?
- Well, America is a very interesting country. It has many sights to see.
- I was impressed by skyscrapers, White House, Capitol. I was lucky to see the Hollywood.
- I’ve heard that Americans are hospitable.
- Yes, indeed. But the most striking feature of American people is their politeness. They are always helpful, especially if you speak English.
- And by the way could you tell me about the weather during your journey?
- The weather was warm and sunny. We took a lot of photos. It’s better to go there and to see everything with your own eyes.
- I agree with you. Seeing is believing.
And the last group of our students prepared presentations about Canada and New Zealand. Let’s listen to them and then answer my questions. Now listen to the boys. (Приложение № 3)
Geography: Canada occupies the northern half of the North American continent.
Area: 10 mln. sq. km.
It is the second largest country in the world after Russia. People live within 6 time zones. Canada’s only neighbour is the USA. The border between the two countries is the longest unguarded border in the world. Canada has 10 provinces and 3 territories.
Population: 29 mln. people
80% of it lives in the south. About three quarters of Canada’s population live in towns and cities.
Canada’s largest cities are Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver.
Official languages: English and French.
Symbols of Canada:
The country’s symbol is a maple flag. One can see it on the Canadian flag. Canada is often called “The Land of the Maple Leaf”
The Design of coat of arms of Canada reflects royal symbols of Great Britain and France.
The story of Canada goes back over 400 years. In 1759 Canada became part of the British Empire. In 1931 Canada became independent from Britain. Today Canada is independent federative state. It is the member of the Commonwealth headed by the Queen of England.
Chief of state: Queen Elisabeth II, represented by Governor General Adrienne Clarkson
Head of the Government: Prime Minister Paul Martin.
Canada is a country with a very high standard of living.
Climate: Southern areas of Canada have moderate climate, in the north winters are very cold and summer months are cool. The west of the country has a lot of rain.
And now we want to present some Canadian’s sights.
T: Thank you, boys. And be ready to answer the questions about the information the boys have given:
- What is the Area of Canada?
- What is its population?
- How many time zones does Canada have?
- Who is the chief of Canada?
- Who is the head of the country?
- What is the symbol of Canada?
T: The next presentation is about New Zealand. You are welcome. (Приложение №4)
New Zealand is an island country in the southwest of the Pacific Ocean. It belongs to a large island group called Polynesia. The country is situated on two main islands – The North Island and the South Island and a dozen of smaller islands. It lies 1.600 kilometers southeast of Australia.
Area: 268 thousand km.
Population: 3.52 million people.
Capital: Wellington. Auckland is the largest city.
Languages: English is the official language and is spoken throughout the country.
Many native people speak Maori, in addition to English.
History: The country was discovered by Europeans in 1642, but they didn’t start to settle in the islands until the beginning of the 18th century. The first people who settled in New Zealand were a brown –skinned people called Maoris. Maoris make up 12 per cent of the country’s population.
Government: parliamentary monarchy, the member of the Commonwealth.
Chief of state: Queen Elisabeth II, represented by Governor General.
Head of the Government: Prime Minister.
People’s activities: New Zealand has one of the highest standards of living in the world. New Zealand’s economy depends on agriculture, service industries, trade with many countries. About 70% of New Zealand people own their houses. They live in a single family houses with a small vegetable houses.
Climate: The weather rarely becomes extremely hot or extremely cold.
Now be ready to answer the questions:
- Where is New Zealand situated?
- What is its capital?
- When was the country discovered?
- What is the official language?
IV. Подведение итогов урока.
T: Today I’m pleased with your answers. We have done a lot today. Your answers were good and excellent.
V. Домашнее задание.
Домашнее задание для всех учащихся индивидуальное. Ученики присылают выполненное задание на сайт школы через Интернет.
Совершенствование форм и методов контроля знаний учащихся :: Интегрированный урок в 9–10-х классах "Статистический метод определения авторства художественного текста" :: Урок по теме "Сложение и вычитание дробей с одинаковыми знаменателями". 5-й класс :: Интегрированный урок алгебры и астрономии "Сказки звездного неба". 7-й класс :: Урок-конференция "Применение дифференциальных уравнений для решения задач естествознания" :: Гномы в доме ( Gnome Alone ), 2017 :: Все товары/Дом и дача/Мебель/Шкафы, комоды, полки/Шкафы/Каталог/Шкафы/Распашные шкафы/Однодверные распашные шкафы / HomeMe / Шкаф распашной однодверный Хельга вариант №1 (дуб сонома) ::
Отзывы (через аккаунты в социальных сетях Вконтакте, Facebook или Google+):
Оставить отзыв с помощью аккаунта ВКонтакте:
Оставить отзыв с помощью аккаунта FaceBook: