"Звездный час" (игра для учащихся 7-х классов)
Glad to meet you, dear boys and girls! Today we are having a game – competition “Star Hour” and each of you can take part in it. Our game will consist of six parts. I’ll play with the audience between our parts. I’ll offer rebus, riddles and interesting questions to you. For every correct answer you’ll receive a star. At the end of our game we’ll learn the name of 2 winners: the winner of the game itself (one of the participants) and the winner according to the number of our stars (one of the members of the audience). The 1st part will decide who will become a participant.
Part I. “Symbols”.
- How is the of the US called? (“Stars and Stripes”.)
- How many stars are there on the flag of the USA? (50.)
- How many stripes are there on the flag of the USA? (13.)
- Why are there 13 stripes on the flag of the USA? (There is one stripe for each first 13 colonies of the USA.)
- What is the official national symbol of the USA? (The bald eagle.)
- What does the eagle have? (An olive branch and arrows.)
- What does an olive branch mean? (A symbol of peace.)
- What do arrows mean? (Symbol of strength.)
- What is an official song of the USA? (“The Star-Spangled Banner”.)
- Where can we see the Statue of Liberty? (In New York on Liberty Island.)
So, now we know the names of our participants. They are:…
Part II.”The History of the USA”.
8 best participants will take part in the 3rd part.
1) Christopher Columbus discovered America in:
2) Christopher Columbus discovered…
a) Central America;
b) South America;
c) North America;
d) The United States of America.
3) The first English settlements appeared in:
a) North America in the 17th century;
b) South America in the 17th century;
c) Central America in the 16th century;
d) America in the 18th century.
4) The “Mayflower” is:
a) the name of a season;
b) the name of the first English settlement in America;
c) the name of a flower;
d) the name of the ship that sailed from Plymouth for the New World in 1620.
5) Christopher Columbus was born in:
6) There were … colonies in America in 1733:
Part III. “The Geographical Outlook”.
6 best participants will continue competing the 4th part.
There are words on the blackboard:
1) The Mississippi;
2) the Colorado River;
3) the Grand Canyon;
5) New Mexico;
6) the Caribbean Sea;
7) the Pacific Ocean.
Part IV.”American Presidents”.
4 best participants will continue competing their game.
Participants should match numbers and letters.
|1. Abraham Lincoln…||a) the 42nd American President|
|2. Franklin Roosevelt…||b) the 1st American President|
|3. George Washington…||c) the 32nd American President|
|4. Bill Clinton…||d) the 3rd American President|
|5. John F.Kennedy…||e) the 16th American President|
|6. Thomas Jefferson…||f) the 35th American President|
Key: 1-e; 2-с; 3-b; 4-a; 5-f; 6-d.
Part V. “Holidays”.
2 best participants will take part in the Final.
There are words on the blackboard. I read the statements and if I am right students should raise the card “0”, if I am wrong they should raise the card with the number of the word in which I am mistaken.
1) Christmas, Martin Luther King’s Birthday, St. Valentine’s Day.
- I think all these holidays are celebrated in winter. (“0”.)
2) Green, black, orange.
- I think all these colors are typical for Halloween. (“1”.)
3) St. Patrick’s Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving Day.
- I think that all these holidays were brought to America from different countries. (“3”.)
4) Thanksgiving Day, Flag Day, Columbus Day/
- I think that all these holidays are celebrated only in America. (“0”.)
5) Father’s Day, Flag Day, Mother’s Day.
- I think that all these holidays are celebrated on Sunday. (“2”.)
The best one is the winner.
1) Make up a word out of the letters: H, Т, Р, Е, А,L, S, R.
The longest word will win.
2) Make as many words as you can out of the words:
I am sure that the main task of every teacher is not to make every person reach a certain given level of knowledge, but to help the person to work in the routine of development.
Внеклассная работа по основам безопасности жизнедеятельности в начальных классах :: Однодневный туристический поход "выходного дня". Тема: "Осенние тропы" :: Проект "Дом, в котором будем жить!" :: Школьное краеведение "Хроника одного дня" :: Урок немецкого языка в 11-м классе (второй ин. язык) "Разные страны — разные школы, так ли это?" :: Чёрная Пантера ( Black Panther ), 2018 :: Комоды / MOON TRADE / Комод Финк 54 Модель 807 ::
Отзывы (через аккаунты в социальных сетях Вконтакте, Facebook или Google+):
Оставить отзыв с помощью аккаунта ВКонтакте:
Оставить отзыв с помощью аккаунта FaceBook:
Оставить отзыв с помощью аккаунта Google+: