Конкурс "Самая интеллектуальная команда"
Цель урока: развивать творческую активность, развивать интерес детей к изучению английского материала.
Задачи: повторение и обобщение изученного материала, связанного с английскими праздниками, достопримечательностями Лондона, спортом и грамматическим материалом.
1.Учитель: Glad to see you, dear boys and girls! Today we are having a competition" The most intellectual team ".
At this competition we have some tasks. You will answer the questions and do different exercises. Now the participants will introduce themselves.
Ученики коротко говорят о себе по-английски.
На доске находятся фотографии достопримечательностей Лондона:
You see some sights of London. Answer my questions about these sights. Team that will have more correct answers will be a winner.
- Trafalgar Square.
- The Tower of London.
- Buckingham Palace.
- Hide Park.
- Downing Street.
Учащимся предлагаются вопросы и описания, они должны дать названия достопримечательностей Лондона и краткую информацию о них.
What do you know about Tower?
-It is built in the 11th century by William Conqueror as a fortress and royal palace. Later it was a prison, now it is a museum and a Royal Treasure.
2. What is the home of the queen?
- Buckingham Palace.
3. What is the most democratic park in London?
- Hide Park.
4. Where does the Prime Minister live?
- At 10, Downing Street.
5. What building has Big Ben?
- The Tower of London.
I I ROUND.
1.Учитель: This round is devoted for hollidays. Let's talk about Christmas , Easter, St. Valentine's Day, Halloween, Shrovetide. I know that you learnt the poems about these holidays. Team that will remember more poems will be a winner. Let's begin from these poems.
Учащиеся рассказывают стихотворения, посвященные праздникам.
I love you. I love you. I love you divine.
Please give me your bubble gum,
You are sitting on mine.
I loved my friend
He went away from me.
There's nothing more to say.
The poem ends,
Soft as it began -
I loved my friend.
Just a little note to say:
"Have a happy Valentine's Day!".
In a dark, dark wood, there is a dark, dark house,
And in a that dark, dark house, there is a dark, dark room.
And in that dark, dark room, there is a dark, dark cupboard.
And in that dark, dark cupboard, there is a dark, dark shelf.
And on that dark, dark shelf, there is a dark, dark box.
And in that dark, dark box, there is-A GHOST!
A big, big house
In a black, black street
An open door
Two white, white feet.
It's Hallowe'en ! It's Hallowe'en!
The moon is full and bright.
And we shall see what can't be seen
On any other night.
In masks and gowns we haunt the street
And knock on doors for trick the treat
Tonight we are the King and queen,
For oh tonight it's Hallowe'en!
It's Christmas! Merry Christmas!
Yes, It's merry Christmas,
It's time for hanging stockings,
It's time for riding sleights,
It's time for jolly greeting,
Snow and holly, overeating,
Oh, I love you merry Christmas,
You're the best of holidays.
Christmas is coming!
The goose is getting fat.
Please to put a penny
In the old man's hat.
Please to put a penny
In the old man's hat
If you have no penny,
A ha'penny will do.
If you have no ha'penny,
Then God bless you.
If you have no Ha'penny,
Then God bless you.
I hope that Valentine's Day
Will bring you lots of fun!
He thinks you're extra-specially nice,
And so does everyone!
Remembering you at Christmas
With a cherry note to say -
May you spend the festive season
In a most delightful way.
2. Учитель: Now answer the questions. Try to get more points for your team .
1. What holiday is on the 31 st of October?
2. What is the symbol of the Christmas Day?
3. What is the symbol of Hallowe'en?
4. When is St. Valentine's Day?
5. What is the symbol of St. Valentine's Day?
6. What is the symbol of Shrovetide?
7. How many days does Shrovetide last?
8. When do young people look for husbands and wives?
9. What are there on the table on Christmas day in England?
10. When do English children go from house to house and say "Trick or treat"?
3.Учитель: Let's play a game " Choose the right word". You must choose a card and put it under the necessary word.
Skeleton, sack, ghost, heart, seven, witch, love, turkey, goblin, blood, cracker, kiss, vampire, letter, tree, lantern, snow, devil, bell, angel, chain, pancake, Easter, pumpkin, millet, buckwheat, tobogganed.
4. Учитель: Now I want to check your knowledge of the words. One brave pupil from each team must go to the blackboard and fill in gaps the missing letters:
M:sk, Val:ntine, wi:ch, wr:ath, mon:ter, d: corate,cel:brate.
5.Учитель: Now I want that you prepare something interesting about one holiday. It may be the story, the wish, the recipe etc.
- 6 cups of cat's blood
- 10 spider webs
- 10 snake eyes
- 13 dirty long worms
- 8 frog legs
- 2 cups legs
- 2 onions
Mix together with you feet in a large pan and boil for 18 minutes. Add salt and fresh skeleton bones before serving. How tasty!
Many years ago the 21st of December was St. Thomas' Day. On that day old and young were allowed to go round and collect money to buy food for Christmas dinner. And still Christmas is the time to remember and help the very old and the very young.
6.Учитель: Let's learn how many holidays you know. Team that will name the last will be a winner.
Учащиеся по очереди называют праздники и та команда, которая остановиться и не сможет вспомнить больше никакого названия праздника проигрывает.
(Easter, Christmas, Halloween, St. Valentine' Day, Shrovetide,
7.Учитель: The task for the captains. You must tell about one holiday.
1. I want to tell about Shrovetide.
The holiday was organized in honour of the god of the Sun-Yarilo. The symbol of the holiday is a pancake. Pancakes are made of buckwheat, millet, rye, oats. The holiday is celebrated 7 weeks before the Easter. It is the most amusing holiday. It lasts 7 days and each day has its own name.
Monday is "A meeting". On this day people have many tasty things on the table.
Tuesday is called "A flirting". On this day in old times young people tobogganed and looked for wives and husbands.
Wednesday is "Gourmand". Mother-in-law invited son-in-law to dinner.
Thursday is called "Walk about Thursday". On this day were different rituals, fist-fighting, men drank beer, sang songs.
Friday is called "Evenings of Mother-in-law". On this day son-in-law treated Mother-in-law.
Saturday is "Evenings of Sister-in-law" or Farewell. A bride calls relatives to her house.
Sunday is called "A day of Pardon". The members of family ask pardon of each other. On Sunday people spread ashes around to have a good harvest. In old times people rode horses, danced, sang songs, told fortune. A girl took the first pancake and gave it to anyone in the street and asked to tell the name of her future husband.
I want to tell about Christmas.
Christmas holiday is on the 25 th of December. It is time to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, a time to give and to receive presents. On Christmas Eve some families go to church. On Christmas people send cards to their friends, cousins, grandparents. People buy Christmas trees and put them in the living- room. Children decorate the tree with baubles, little coloured lights, paper chains. The tree is usually crowned with a bright star or a figure of the Christmas angel. On Christmas Eve people put their presents under the Christmas tree. Children hang their stockings on their beds and in the morning they find presents there. The traditional Christmas meal is roast turkey and pudding.
Учитель: Dear friends! You are found of sport: watching sport competitions on TV or going in for different kinds of sport. This tour will devote to sport. If you have the most correct answer, you'll be a winner. Rise your hands, please.
1. How many sports name do you know? Who will name the last will be a winner.
(Football, tennis, gymnastics, swimming, hockey, boxing, judo, fugure-skating, horse racing, biathlon, snowboarding, motor-car racing, windsurfing, climbing, archery, etc).
2. This round is devoted for the history of the Olympic Games. You must answer the questions.
- When and where did the Olympic games begin? (In 777 Bc in Ancient Greece.)
- Why did the Olympic Games become the symbol of peace and friendship? (For the period of games all the wars stopped.)
- Who revived the Modern Olympic Games? (The French archeologist Pierre de Coubertin.)
- When did Russia join the Olympic movement? ( In 1952.)
- Where did Olympic Games take place in our country and when? (The 22nd Olympic Games took place in Moscow in 1980.)
- What is necessary besides sports competitions for the Olympic Games? (A cultural programme of concerts, exhibitions, festivals.)
2. Учитель: Let's start the second round "The Olympic champions of my country". Each team must name three Olympic champions of our country of any kind of sport.
1. Boxing-the 1st Soviet Olympic Champion, Vladimir Safronov.
2. Cycling- the 2-time Olympic Champion, Vyacheslav Ekimov.
3. Greek-Rome Fighting- hero of Russia, Aleksandr Karelin.
4. Figure-Skating- Olympic Champions 2002, Elena Berezhnaya and Anton Sikharulidze.)
5. Synchronized Swimming- 2-times Olympic Champion, Anastasia Davydova.
6. Hockey- hockey star of the world, Vyacheslav Fetisov.
3. Учитель: The name of the third round " Nationals sports of Great Britain And the USA".
- Which is the most popular game in Great Britain? (Football/ soccer.)
- What sport are favourite in America? (Baseball, basketball, tennis, American football.)
- Which is the biggest football club in the world? ("Manchester United", England.)
- What do Americans like eating at sport games? (hot dogs.)
- What is a "walking" game in Britain? (golf.)
- What kind of sport is Wimbeledon connected with? ( This is a place where All-England and International Tennis Championships are held.)
1. Учитель: Choose 9 cards with letters and make any word. Team that will be making the longest word will be a winner.
2. Учитель: You see on the blackboard the word " underground". You must write four words with the letters from this word. Who will be first will be a winner.
(dog, robe, run, order, odd, go, god, red noun, etc.)
Учитель: Now the results of our competition. Both the teams were very good .Team1 gets : points. Team 2 gets : points. The winner of our competition is team : .
Thank you. Our lesson is over.
Родительское собрание "Единство требований и запретов" :: Индивидуальные особенности эмоциональной сферы детей :: Семинар–тренинг для учителей "Искусство релаксации" :: Психолого-педагогическая программа "Мир общения" :: Дидактические игры как средство активизации учебного процесса :: Лига справедливости: Часть 2 ( Justice League Part Two ) :: Дом и дача/Мебель/Мебель/Гостиная/Комоды и Тумбы/Тумбы / Анрекс / Тумба Olivia 1D3S ::
Отзывы (через аккаунты в социальных сетях Вконтакте, Facebook или Google+):
Оставить отзыв с помощью аккаунта ВКонтакте:
Оставить отзыв с помощью аккаунта FaceBook:
Оставить отзыв с помощью аккаунта Google+: