Конспект открытого урка английского языка в 10-м классе "What helps you enjoy your life"
Тип урока: обобщающий.
Цель урока: систематизация и обобщение знаний, умений, навыков и осуществление рефлексивной деятельности по теме.
- развитие навыков монологической и диалогической речи;
- совершенствование навыков написания e-mail;
- активизация употребления изученных грамматических и лексических единиц;
- совершенствование навыков аудирования.
- развитие познавательной активности;
- развитие потребности в творческой деятельности, в самовыражении, реализации собственных знаний;
- развитие критического мышления;
- расширение кругозора.
- воспитание вкуса и привитие любви к музыке;
- формирование уважения к культуре других народов;
- формирование личностных качеств (умения слышать и слушать одноклассников, уважения чужого мнения).
Оборудование урока: мобильный класс с выходом в Интернет; мультимедийный проектор; слайды группы «Биттлз» и «Квин», клипы их песен “Imagine”, “Show must go on”;DVD video “WINDOW ON BRITAIN” (POP), Pre-intermediate Student's Book “New ENGLISH FILE”(Oxford University Press).
1. Beginning of the Lesson
Teacher:Good morning, dear friends and guests. I am glad to see you at our lessson. I hope we have a good time. You can enjoy our lesson, because the topic of our talking is what makes us enjoy our lives, makes it bright and intresting.
– What do you think of it?
– I can’t imagine my life without friends and my computer.
– As for me, books and music are very important, because they help me relax.
– I’m sure, music gives a light of pleasure and exitement. Itinspires us, helps me overcome difficulties.
Teacher: Very good, children. I agree with you. Two of your favourite things are with you today: music and computer and they make the lesson enjoyable.
2. Warm-up Activities
Teacher: Can you think of a day without music? That’s not possible. There is music everythere: at home, in a concert hall, in parks.
– What music do you like listening to when you are happy?
– When you are sad?
– When you at the party?
– What is your favourite band or a singer?
– Which was the last DC you bought?
– As you know, there are different musical styles in the world. What styles do you know?
3. Making up dialoges.
Teacher: Imagine that you have an opprtunity to visit the concert of your favourite rock group, classical music, heavy metal, pop singer. Where would like to go? Invite your mate. Explain your choice. Give arguments for” yes” or “no”.
4. Watching DVD video and discussing it.
Teacher: Do you know anything about British pop music?
– Watch a short film.
5. Follow-up Activities
Teacher: What famous English singers do you see in this film?
Look at the blackboard and say if it is “True” or “ False”.
- Pop music is big business
- Most of the world’s pop musisians write and sing songs in English.
- Rock and roll first became popular in the 1960s.
- The rock and roll revolution happened in Liverpool.
- At the beginning of the 1960s there were hundreds of bands in Liverpool.
What are the correct answers in thiese sentences?
– The Beatles/The Rolling Stones changed pop music forever.
– The Beatlezs/The Rolling Stones are still playing today.
Complete the sentences useing information from the film.
- The Beatles were together for ... years.
- They made ... Number One hit singles.
- They made ... albums.
- they wrote over ... songs.
- There are more than ... recorded versions of “Yesterday”.
6. Listening to “Imagine”.
Teacher: Look at the screen. You can see John Lennon, the author one of the most beautiful hits.
Listen to “Imagine”. You have a text of this song, some words are missed. Fill them in the gaps.
– What is this song about?
7. Pre-reading Activity
Teacher: Look at the photo. Who is this woman?
– Yoko Ono is Lennon’s wife.
– She is a poet, an artist and a actress.
– She helps Lennon to write several songs
8. Reading the text
“Imagine”, John Lennon’s famous song, was recently voted “Britain’s favourite song of all time”. It is an idealistic song about peace and the hope for a better world. “Imagine all the people living life in peace”. The song was a bit hit in 1971, and again in 1980 when Lennon was murdered in New York. It became a hit for the third time after the terrorist attacks of September 11th 2001.
But who really wrote the song? Until recently the answer to this question was always John Lennon. But on aTV programme Lennon’s wife, Yoko Ono, spoke for the first time about how she, in fact, helped to write the song.
Ono said that the idea and inpiration for “Imagine” came from some of her poems that John Lennon was reading at that time. The poems began with the word “imagine”: “imagine a raindrop, imagine a goldfish”. Ono said,”When I was a child in Japan during the Second World War my brother and I were terribly hungry. I imagined delicious menus for him and he began to smile. If you think something is impossible, you can imagine it and make it happen.”
In an interview just before he died, Lennon admitted that Yoko deserved credit for “Imagine”. He said, “A lot of it – the lirics and the concept – came from her, from her book of poems, imagine this, imagine that”. Lennon said that he was “too macho” to share the credit with her at that time.
Ono said that some of the song was written when they were flying across the Atlantic and the rest was written on the piano in their bedroom at their home in England. Ono said, “The song speaks about John’s dream for the world. It was something he really wanted to say.” “Imagine” became a popular song for peace activists everywhere.
In March 2002 the airport in his home town of Liverpool was re-named John Lennon Airport. A sign above the main entrance has a line from “Imagine”: “Above us only sky”.
9. Post-reading Activities.
Read the text once and mark the sentences “True” or “False”.
- “Imagine” was a hit three times.
- Yoko Ono helped to write the song.
- Ono wrote poems for John Lennon.
- Lennon never said that Yoko helped him with the song.
- “Imagine” was written in two places.
- John Lennon opened the new Liverpool Airport.
Read the text again. Number the sentences in the order that things happened.
- John Lennon read Ono’s poems.
- John Lennon wrote “Imagine”.
- Yoko Ono helped her little brother.
- John Lennon spoke about the song in an interview.
- Liverpool Airport was renamed John Lennon Airport.
- Yoko Ono spoke about the song on TV programme.
- The song became a hit again when Lennon died.
- The song became popular again after September 11th 2001.
Teacher: As for me and for your parents we grew up with the Beatles songs. But a lot of people all over the world admire the great singer Freddie Merrcury.Look at the photo.
– What rock group is this?
– What Queen’s songs do you know?
Teacher: Now listen to his catchy song “Show must go on” and enjoy it. Try to understand the philosophy of this song.
– What is your impression of this song?
– What can you say about the manner of Queen’s singing? Does it catch you?
– If you want to know some more facts about Freddie Mercury do this exercise.
Complete the questions with these question words.
Why Where Which When How many Who
What Whose How long
____ was Queen’s first concert?
____ was it?
____ was in the band?
Freddie Mercury, Roger Taylor, John Deacon, Brian May.
____ real name was Farrokh Bulsara?
____ member of the band was most famous?
Freddie Mercury, the lead singer.
____ top ten hits did they have?
____ did they stay together?
Twenty years, from 1971 to 1991?
____ was their biggest hit?
____ happened in 1991?
Freddie Mercury died.
____ is their music still popular?
Because Queen wrote good rock songs.
Teacher: Summarize the answers and make up a short story about Queen.
10. Working in the Internet.
Teacher: If you want to know more about “The Beatles” and “The Queen” find out the information about these groups from the Internet and then present it to us. You have 15 minutes to do it.
“The Beatles” was formed at the beginning of the 60s. They made a revolution in classical music. There were four people in this group. John Lennon is considered to be the organizer and the leader of the group. He was born on the 9th of October 1940 in Liverpool.
John enjoyed painting. His favourite book was Alice in Wonderland. Teachers didn’t like him because he didn’t want to follow the strict rules. John wasn’t a good student. He spent a lot of time playing the guitar.John once said that the story of the Beatles had begun on that day when he had met Paul McCartney.
Paul McCartney was born on the 18th of June 1942. He learned to compose songs on his piano very quickly. He played the guitar with his left hand. Paul was fond of rock’n roll and Elvis Presley.
Their first professional concerts were in Hamburg, Germany.
George Harrison was born on the 12th of February 1943. He was very kind. He helped old people and took care of animals. Unfortunately he was often ill. He was a very good student at school. Once he met Paul McCartney on the bus. They became friends and had the same interests.Harrison played the guitar better than Paul and was invited to the group, becoming the leading guitarist.
Ringo Starr was born on 7th of July1940. He was a very weak boy and often missed classes at school. He was invited to join the group in summer 1962.
Freddie Mercury was born Farrokh Bulsara on the 5th of September 1946 on the small island of Zanzibar. At the age of 8 he was shipped to the English boarding school. Friends began to him Freddie, and family adoped this new name.
He was a good sportsman ( cricket, running, hockey, boxing ). At 10 he became a school champion in table tennis. His artistic skiills were bright. He was open for friends and relatives. He was music mad. He was crazy on music. He began to learn playing the piano.In 1962 he graduated from school.He came back to Zanzibar and had to earn money. But he had delicate hands which didn’t suit for heavy work. He was a real musician. October 8th 1988 was the last time Freddie performed
on stage. At this time he was terribly ill with AIDS, although he didn’t want people to know about it. He announced that fact before he died. His words were”The king was going out” The following day he died.
Teacher: Now, my friends, send me your e-mail. Write me if our lesson is useful for you, what interesting you have known and write some words about music you like.
12. Summary of the Lesson.
Teacher: Thank you for your e-mails. I’m satisfied with your work and answers. We agree that music gives us joy, help, good mood, rest of mind, happiness, optimism, friends. Music can change the world because it can change people.
Our lesson is over. See you later. Goodbye.
Урок-исследование "Вода в природе" :: Как помочь ребенку стать грамотным :: В стране выученных глаголов :: Числа от 1 до 10. Закрепление. 1-й класс :: План-конспект урока по окружающему миру "Родной край – часть большой страны". 4-й класс :: Анон ( Anon ), 2017 :: Дом и дача/Мебель/Мебель/Гостиная/Комоды и Тумбы/Тумбы / Анрекс / Комод Monte 4S ::
Отзывы (через аккаунты в социальных сетях Вконтакте, Facebook или Google+):
Оставить отзыв с помощью аккаунта ВКонтакте:
Оставить отзыв с помощью аккаунта FaceBook: