Развитие навыков устной речи по теме "Лондон" : Иностранные языки
Развитие навыков устной речи по теме: “London”
1. Практиковать в устной речи учащихся по теме: “London”(повторить и обобщить изученный материал страноведческого характера)
2. Развивать навыки аудирования.
3. Практиковать в чтении текста.
4. Обобщить изученный материал (проведение тестирования на компьютерах, основанного на материале урока. Программа “Создание тестов”)
1.Формировать коммуникативные и интеллектуальные способности.
2 .Развивать способность к сравнению, сопоставлению, догадке, распределению внимания.
3.Развивать память, логическое мышление,
расширять кругозор учащихся, формировать
глубокий и устойчивый интерес к предмету.
Воспитательные задачи: воспитывать культуру общения, умение выслушивать собеседника, формировать потребность в коллективной работе, готовность участвовать в межкультурной коммуникации.
Оборудование к уроку:
- компьютер и проектор
I. Начало урока.
1. Вступительное слово учителя.
T: Good morning, friends. You’ve already known a lot about Great Britain and Northern Ireland, its people, but some facts about the capital of this country are forgotten. So, our task is to brush up our knowledge. We’ll talk about one of the finest city in the world, about London. Now, read the saying, please: “Looking down on London we see at our feet the richest and the most beautiful city in the world, a city as great as Moscow, and as magical as Rome” These words will be the red line of lesson. Let’s prove that London is really as great as Moscow, and as magical as Rome.
And I‘d like to begin our lesson with the reminding the general information of this city. Answer my questions:
(Работа в режиме T—>Cl)
1. How many people do live in London?
2. What is the territory of London?
3. What parts is London divided in? What are they?
4. What can you tell me about the City?
T: Guess what part of London it is
- It is the political and religious center of power after the 11th century. The heart of this part is Westminster Abbey. It has always been closely associated with the monarchy and is used for such state occasions as coronations and royal funerals. Some famous building such as Houses of Parliament, Buckingham palace are situated here. (It’s the Westminter)
- It is a historical center of London, the very name of this part is usually associated with wealth, luxury and goods of high quality. It’s the area of the largest and best known department stores, cinemas, theatres, museums. The University of London is also situated there. (It’s the West End)
- This part of the city has long been the home of London’s docks and immigrants. It has frequently been characterized by slums, poverty, and crime. Many poorer immigrants and working-class Londoners still reside here. Its weekend street markets are very popular, especially Petticoat Lane. (It’s the East End)
T: Good for you
II Основной этап.
1. Развитие аудитивных навыков.
a) Аудирование текста.
“London’s image is partly defined by its past as its major buildings and institutions represent 2000 years of community history.” So, speaking about the city we can’t say anything about its history. I want you to see the film that reminds you some facts about the history of London.
(просмотр видеофильма 1)
b) Контроль навыков аудирования.
So, answer the questions (работа в режиме T—>Cl)
The questions are :
T: I see that you’ve understood the story Natasha has told to you.
2. Развитие навыков монологической речи.
T: But the girls haven’t mentioned the event that was very important for London’s developing. After this event the city was completely rebuilt. What is it? I can help you, this song will help you (прослушивание песни: “London’s burning” УМК IV авт. Верещагина И. Н., Афанасьева О.В.)
P1: I think, It is the Great fire of London.
T: You are quite right. Tell us what you know about the Great Fire of London.
(с использованием опор):
Работа в режиме : P1—>Cl
3. Развитие навыков диалогической речи.
T: Let’s return to our girls.(просмотр видео 2) They want to take us to a short trip to London, I think we’ll do it with great pleasure.
T: We begin our trip from the very important place in London, from the Tower of London. And we need a guide. Who wants to be our guide? Ask him/her questions about the Tower of London.(begin your questions with when, who, why, what)
Работа в режиме:
Р1—> Р1: When was the Tower of London built?
P 3—> P2 P2: it was built in the 11th century.
T; OK, thank you, our guide, you’ve known a lot about the Tower of London. We may go on.
4. Контроль навыков аудирования (с использованием интерактивной доски)
a) Развитие навыков аудирования
T: Not far from the Tower of London you can see a church. It’s St. Paul’s Cathedral. Our classmates have prepared a dialogue at home. Let’s listen to them and try to memorize some facts.
P1: Hello! I haven’t seen you for ages! How are you?
P2 : Hi! I’m OK , but I have been very busy since Monday, I have been preparing for the report about St. Paul’s Cathedral.
P1: Really? Was it interesting?
P2: It’s really so. I have read a lot about this beautiful church. This church was first built in the 7th century. But the original building was burnt down in1087
P1: Was the church burnt down 3 times for its history?
P2: Quite so, the last time it was during the Great Fire. Sir Christopher Wren began to build the cathedral 2 years later.
P1: I’ve heard it took him 35 years to build this church.
P2: Right you are and the largest bell is situated here. Its name is Big Tom.
P1: it’s really interesting information. Thanks a lot.
b) Контроль навыков аудирования
T: Now, you should complete the sentences, using the information you’ve learnt from the conversation.
1. St. Paul’s Cathedral was first built in the ____________.
2. The original building was burnt down in _________.
3. It was burnt down ___________ times for its history.
4. Sir Christopher Wren began to build the cathedral in ______________.
5. It took him _______ years.
|7th century, 1087, 1668, 35, 3|
T: You have done this work perfectly well. We may go on.
6. Развитие навыков монологической речи.
T: We are not far from the Great Russell Street. What famous building is situated there?
P: it’s the British museum.
T: We need a guide. Who would like to help us and to tell about this museum? (использование опор)
was established/ located ……
was founded in 1753
It shows works of art……
The museum library is ……..
Its Reading Hall………
P—>Cl: The British Museum in London is located in Great Russell Street. The British Museum was established in 1753 by Sir Hans Sloane, a British physician. The building, designed by architect Sir Robert Smirke, was completed in 1847. The museum has more than 90 galleries of artifacts from around the world. It shows works of art from Asia, Egypt, Rome, Greece as well as Britain and other countries. The British museum library is the largest library which was the part of the British Museum. Its Reading Hall is situated in the British Museum. It is circle in shape.
T: Thanks a lot. We may go on.
6. Развитие навыков монологической речи.
T: We are in the City of London , there are so many sights and memorial places here. We’ll be able to visit many of them. I suggest you to visit one of the famous places in London Piccadilly Circus. (виртуальная экскурсия с использованием.Microsoft® Encarta® Reference Library 2003.) Let’s listen to P’s story.
Работа в режиме P1—>Cl
P1: Some people think that the real center of London is Piccadilly Circus. It is called so as it is round, not square like many other places. London’s best- known theatres and cinemas and most famous restaurants are on Piccadilly Circus. At night Piccadilly Circus is a colourful sight. In the evening Piccadilly Circus is full of people of many nationalities.
7. Практика в устной речи.
T: Now, listen to about one of the sights and guess what it is.
1. It is one of tourists’ centers of London. It is a place for rallies and political meetings. On holidays evenings there are crowds in this place. You can see a lot of pigeons here. In December the English have the New Year’s tree there. (It’s Trafalgar Square) T: Now, what can you add to this description about this famous place?
P1, P2, P3—>Cl
2. These are buildings in the Parliament Square. They were built between 1840-1852. Their medieval look is misleading. One of the palaces has 2 miles of corridors and more than 1000 rooms. When Parliament is sitting, a flag flies from the Victoria Tower. The Victoria Tower is the tallest tower of the complex. The famous great bell is situated there. The bell and the clock are on the clock tower of these buildings. (It’s the Houses of Parliament)
T: Now, what can you add to this description about this famous place?
P1, P2, P3—>Cl
3. The name of this church means “western monastery”, showing its geographical relation to the City of London. In this church most British monarchs have been crowned. You can see the ancient Coronation Chair. Beneath the chair is the Stone of Destiny. This church was built by Edward the Confessor. (it’s Westminster Abbey)
T: Can you say anything about Westminster Abbey?
P1, P2, P3—>Cl
4. This building was built as a country house by John Sheffield in 1703 and it was bought by King George III in 1762. This Palace is located near Saint James\'s Park It has about 600 rooms and 20 hectares (50 acres) of gardens. It is noted for its fine collection of paintings. The Changing of the Guard is held in front of this Palace. (It’s Buckingham Palace)
T: Can you tell us more facts about Buckingham Palace?
P1, P2, P3—>Cl
5. This concert hall was built between 1867 and 1871 in memory of Queen’s Victoria husband it is located south of Kensington Gardens. It is used for rallies and concerts, including the well-known annual program known as the Promenade Concerts, which first took place there in 1941 (It’s the Royal Albert Hall)
7. Практика в чтении текста (развитие навыков письменной речи)
T: Speaking about London we can’t mention the fact that it is a very green city. There are many parks in it. And now we can rest in the park and read a text about park.
a) Reading this article, find words that don’t belong to the sentences. If you do everything correctly, you’ll get the saying about London told by Dr. Johnson.
Londoners enjoy when their parks and gardens. Royal parks a are all around London. St. James’s Park is man one of the most beautiful parks. You can is see pelican and ducks there.
Green tired park was bought by Charles II in 1667. Soon it of become very popular among Londoners. It’s called green as there are no flowers there, only trees and grass.
Regent’s Park was London opened to the public in 1838. London Zoo is situated here. Hyde Park he is the largest and the most popular of the London is parks. It was a royal hunting ground. Hyde Park is famous for its Speaker’s Corner where orators of all types declare their various opinions. Here you tired can take a ride on horseback. The horse-rides usually end in Hyde Park Corner near Marble Arch of. Marble Arch life was built to commemorate Lord Wellington’s victory over Napoleon in the battle of Waterloo.
Londoners enjoy their parks and they are very proud of them.
“When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life!” (Dr. Johnson)
b) Now write down what each park is famous for. Fill in the table.
T: Let’s check up what you’ve written.
8. Обобщение изученного материала. (проведение тестирования на компьютерах, основанного на материале урока) Программа “Создание тестов”
III. Заключительная часть урока.
1. Подведение итогов. T: You’ve worked well during the lesson. I think we’ve proved that London is really as great as Moscow, and as magical as Rome. What have you learnt during our trip? P1, P2,P3 Your marks are …….
2. Домашнее задание. We’ve told about the sights of London, but I think that “It is not the walls that make the city, but the people who live within them. The walls of London may be battered, but the spirit of the Londoner stands resolute and undismayed.” That’s why our next lesson will be devoted to famous people living or lived in London. So your task will be to find out information about one of the famous person living or lived in London.
Создание мотивационной среды по предмету "Музыка" в жизнедеятельностном пространстве гимназии :: Праздник Троица. Русский национальный обряд "Завивание веночков" :: История певческой культуры :: Учебное пособие для учащихся "Контрольная работа по музыкальной литературе. Зарубежная музыка" :: В чем феномен группы "Битлз"? :: Барбадожкины истории, 2016 :: Дом и дача/Мебель/Шкафы, комоды, полки/Тумбы/Мебель для прихожей/Тумбы для обуви / Вентал / Обувница Вентал ::
Отзывы (через аккаунты в социальных сетях Вконтакте, Facebook или Google+):
Оставить отзыв с помощью аккаунта ВКонтакте:
Оставить отзыв с помощью аккаунта FaceBook: